Formaldehyde and Formalin

Formaldehyde is a poisonous gas and strong antiseptic, disinfectant and deodorizing agent, but smells badly enough as it is.When inhaled, it is very irritating to the nose, throat and lungs.If inhaled frequently, as happens to industrial workers, it produces kidney, liver and lung disease.It is very injurious to the skin when used in the solution as "formalin"

Formalin is a 40% solution of formaldehyde gas in water.It is used as a preservative of food, which should be condemned and prohibited by law, as all chemical preservatives of food should be.

Six ounces of formalin will disinfect 1000 cubic feet of space or a room ten feet square by ten feet high.This is done by warming the formalin so that the water evaporates and the formaldehyde gas escapes into the room

see Antiseptics
Thanks for reading Formaldehyde and Formalin

« Previous
« Prev Post
Next »
Next Post »

0 komentar:

Post a Comment